THE RAILWAY INDUSTRY INNOVATION AWARDS 2019
WHO CAN ENTER?
Any rail business. The Awards are open to all operators, infrastructure owners, manufacturing industry & service providers in both the public and private sectors.
Don’t be modest! If you have achieved a breakthrough in any of our seven categories we really do want to hear from you.
- Engineering and Safety
- Passenger Experience
- Cross-industry Partnership
- Operations and Performance
- Small Scale Project
- Large Project
HOW DO I ENTER?
We know you are busy so we have tried to keep the procedure simple. But please do take the time to read the guidelines below as this will ensure your entry has the best possible chance when it goes through to the judging panel.
- Your entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form; this can be found on the Fourth Friday Club website as an online form.
- Do ensure that the text supporting your entry is no more than 2,000 words. Please submit your document using the ‘Supporting Material’ link on the entry web page.
- Feel free to include photographs or illustrations to help bring your submission to life. They should be presented as jpgs submitted via the ‘Supporting Material’ link on the entry web page. If you wish to submit videos or other large les to support your entry we suggest you use www.wetransfer.com
- Videos, CDs and DVDs are acceptable for providing extra information.
- Only one submission should only be entered into a maximum of two categories.
HOW DO THE JUDGES COME TO THEIR DECISION?
A pair of judges is assigned to each category. Without conferring, each judge considers criteria such as degree of innovation, evidence of research, delivery and practicability to show that the idea has worked and enhanced what you offer. The business context and strategic relevance of what you offer will also be considered. The judges then compare notes, discuss any other factors that they think relevant and agree a short list which is discussed and reviewed by the judging panel as a whole before a final decision is made.
IF I DON’T WIN, CAN I FIND OUT WHY?
Sorry, but no. The judges are all volunteers and it would add too much to an already heavy burden if they had to respond to many requests of this kind. Their decision has to be final.
DOES IT COST ANYTHING TO ENTER?
No. We want to encourage entries rather than make them subject to any budgetary constraints you might have. We are very grateful to our sponsors for helping to make this possible.
CAN I RE-ENTER A SUBMISSION FROM A PREVIOUS YEAR?
Yes. We sometimes encourage this when a submission has been entered before there has been enough time to gather the evidence to show that it really worked.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
Please ensure that all entries are in by the deadline, which is noon on Tuesday 30 April 2019. The winners and runners-up of each category will be announced at the awards luncheon at the Paddington Hilton, London on Friday 28 June 2019.
The Judging panel consists of experts from within the industry. All are extremely highly regarded in their individual fields and take judging of the awards extremely seriously. From time to time, a judge may find it necessary to contact the person named on the application entry form to discuss it further. So please be sure to include the name of the person responsible for the case history you are submitting on the application form.
The Chair of the Judging Panel is Haydn Abbott.
AND THE WINNER IS… COME ALONG TO THE AWARDS LUNCHEON!
The awards luncheon this year is being held in the Paddington Hilton, London W2 (adjacent to Paddington station), noon till 16.00 on Friday 28 June 2019. Tables of ten are available by contacting Chris Shilling on 07736 635916, email@example.com
ANYTHING WE HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TELL YOU?
If you have any queries at all about your application, then please call Chris Shilling on 07736 635916.